10 Reasons Why
Sick and tired of hearing “you need planned giving”?
That’s a danger sign; resistance to common sense puts you and your nonprofit on the fast track to extinction.
Because only 5% of this nation’s wealth is in hard-to-get cash, and 95% is in easy to-get assets, the time for planned giving is now.
“But we need the cash right away!” Does this sound familiar? Many fundraisers were saying the same thing 10 years ago. And even then it didn’t apply … because not all planned gifts are deferred, and a solid planned giving program brings in more annual gifts, too.
Click the link to see a few planned giving myths to consider — and learn why ignoring them puts you at risk of becoming the next Titanic. Then read these 10 reasons you need to pursue planned gifts (and why you need to stop deferring the deferred):
- If you do not accept planned gifts, eventually that “someone else” will steal your cash gifts, too. Why? Because planned gifts are gifts from the heart.
- A typical planned gift is 200 to 300 times the size of a donor’s largest annual gift.
- Planned gifts do not affect your donors’ cash flow. They’re easy to give and to receive.
- Donors are eager to make a planned gift but simply don’t know how.
- Donors making gifts through their wills typically increase their annual support. Why? Because they’ve made you part of their family.
- Anyone can make a planned gift; it’s easy and it works.
- Even a small planned giving programs gives you legitimacy and credibility.
- It gives you trust.
- It shows the public that you’re serious..
- It makes you sustainable.
Categories: Major Gifts, Sustainability